Our labor and employment team has vast experience defending discrimination and retaliation claims under the ADA, Title VII, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, EPA, and various state and local counterparts. Our success is driven by carefully honed processes built around blending deep knowledge of employment law with our experience as trial lawyers. This enables us to obtain consistently favorable results for our clients.
It also allows us to work with clients on the best defense – preventing employment issues before they arise. Our approach involves preventive consulting services for a variety of pre-litigation personnel matters including:
- Advice on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring procedures
- Drafting or reviewing employee handbooks, company policies, arbitration agreements, restrictive covenants, and independent contractor agreements
- Auditing wage and hour practices, including timekeeping, record keeping, and use of exemptions
- Assisting clients with managing ongoing employee conflicts, including coaching related to documentation, retaliation insulation, and record preservation, and
- Assisting clients with best practices for handling complex issues under the FMLA and ADA, including the discussion of reasonable accommodations for employees with all sorts of disabilities.
For more information, please reach out to our E&L team lead, Vanessa Septien.