Jonathan litigates and tries cases in the complex civil, liability, products liability, professional liability, and insurance and reinsurance coverage areas. He has the unique distinction of being recognized as both a leading trial lawyer in high-stakes litigation matters and a preeminent appellate practitioner. Jonathan has a rare blend of experience in these areas, which has led him to assume a lead counsel role on behalf of both insurers and manufacturers. He has handled significant losses in Florida, including large and complex property, marine and aviation, casualty, professional indemnity, product liability, and contingency risk claims. Jonathan also fights complex, high-value commercial and liability claims in the trial and appellate courts, and counsels clients on pivotal emerging issues.
Jonathan has served or serves as:
- National coordinating and trial counsel for a product manufacturer.
- Florida regional counsel for a friction product manufacturer in mass tort litigation.
- Florida regional counsel for a connector, tubing, and valve manufacturer.
- Florida regional counsel for national retail corporations on liability matters.
- Florida regional counsel for a trucking and transportation company.
- Strategic litigation and appellate counsel for a leading Florida insurer on policy duties after loss and other coverage issues.
- Trial and appellate counsel to insurers and their insureds in coverage, liability, construction, fraud investigation, bad faith, and professional liability litigation.
Jonathan is Martindale Hubbell AV Rated™ and a member of the prestigious International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC).
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
Cleveland State University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio | Juris Doctor | 1994
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida | Bachelor of Science | 1991
International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy graduate | 2003